The DuPage Regional Office of Education is a service organization whose responsibilities are defined by Illinois School Code, Illinois Administrative Code, Illinois State Board of Education mandates, and stakeholder needs. The essential role of the office is to provide high quality service and support to all stakeholders and collectively expend every effort to meet the special responsibility to prepare our children for the world they will face. In addition to the myriad of services provided directly to educators and schools, the office also provides services and support to community members, private schools, parents, children, business leaders, and others. Services include:
- Professional and technical support that is designed to improve academic success for our children
- Collaboration initiatives with businesses and government that assure our children will not be out-educated by any other nation
- Accountability for the implementation and maintenance of the highest school safety standards
- Guarantees that every educator meets highly qualified teaching status as defined by state and national requirements
- Advocacy throughout the county, state and nation that works to secure local control efforts and ensure that the needs of suburban education are heard
- Creation of best practice policies and procedures to create an economy of efficiency which leads to more dollars for schools. Each year, the office brings in additional dollars that go directly into the classroom.
To find out more about Regional Offices of Education, click HERE.