Instructions For Requesting Information and Public Records
- Please make your request for records in writing. DuPage Regional Office of Education does not require the completion of a standard form for this purpose, however a form is available for your convenience. To submit the available form electronically you must save it to your computer then e-mail it to Lori Ladesic at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may submit your written request by mail, fax, email or in person. If sending your request via email, use FOIA in subject line to identify your email as a FOIA request and to reduce the possibility of its being filtered as SPAM.
- Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions.
- Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to do either.
- For black and white, letter or legal sized copies, the first 50 pages are free, unless a different fee is otherwise fixed by statute. Any additional pages will be charged at .15 cents per page. Color and abnormal size copies will be charged the actual cost of copying.
- You are permitted to ask for a waiver of copying fees. To do so, please include the following statement (or a similar statement) in your written FOIA request: “I request a waiver of all fees associated with this request.” In addition, you must include a specific explanation as to why your request for information is in the public interest – not simply your personal interest – and merits a fee waiver.
- Please include your name, preferred telephone number(s), mailing address, and, if you wish, your electronic mail address.